Effective date: Dec 27, 2013
In addition to the general privacy provisions of this Policy, and because Magichands caters to youth, we recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections for children using the Site. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we use and collect personal information from children under the age of 13, and that we obtain verifiable consent from parents and legal guardians before a child under the age of 13 or above be permitted to join Magichands.
As used in this Policy, "Magichands" refers to Magichands team, parent organization (Aramsei Foundation), owner and operator of the Site, and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates. In addition, for purposes of this Policy, any reference to "parent" shall include legal guardian.
What Information We Collect/How We Use It
We store and use the information you give us in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Subject to the parental consent requirements set forth below for children under the age of 13, personal information including your first and last name, mailing address, zip code, birth date, email address, username,and password may be collected via the Site or in person. These categories of information are required when you sign up children under the age of 13, after verifiable parental consent has been obtained.
When you sign up for additional Magichands Services on the Site, such as entry into special contests or online games, additional personal information may be collected. We use this additional data, such as your hobbies, sports, music, entertainment, academics and other personal interests, to personalize your Magichands experience. By obtaining and using this information, we can provide you with the most timely, relevant and individualized service according to your preferences and interests.
When you sign up with Magichands and as you use the Magichands Services, we also record your decision to receive email and sms updates from Magichands.
We use log files to track system activity and maintain our systems. Log data includes IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number and nature of clicks through our Site. We use this information to analyze usage patterns, observe trends, administer the Site, track user movements in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information gathered from log files is for Magichands's internal use only and will not be shared with any third parties, except law enforcement, as necessary. For non-member visitors to the Site, log files are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may use your submitted email address to compare our member list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending identical messages to our members.
We may use information collected on the Site in the following ways:
- to conduct a background check to screen against registered sex offenders where applicable;
- to provide you with personalized information via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- to send you information about upcoming contests, reward opportunities or promotions; to inform you via electronic delivery and/or direct mail about different "Interests" that you may be interested in joining based on the information you provide us regarding your interests;
- to contact you for feedback and surveys via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- to send you general and administrative information about your Magichands membership via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- to monitor, track and research ways to improve Magichands's services and enhance the safety of the Magichands community.
Online Games and Applications from Third Parties
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that your posting and/or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Charitable foundations and organizations for the purpose of facilitating our scholarship and charitable donation programs.
- Service providers under contract that provide us with authentication and registration services (for example, registration, payment processing, authentication, and background screening for registered sex offenders where applicable).
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as marketing, online games, contests, micropayments, investigation of unlawful activities, and affiliate and rewards programs).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials relating to alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user name history, IP address, complaints, postings and other content. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. (Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used contrary to this Policy, you will receive prior notice.)
Should you (or your child) post personal information on Magichands forums, online games,part of your Magichands profile or avatar, including, for example, your name, email address, phone number, school, hobbies and interests, or photographs, this information will be viewable by other members of the Magichands community. You should always take precaution in disclosing information that is personally identifiable.
How We Notify and Obtain Consent From Parents For the Collection of Personally Identifiable Information About Their Children
Immediately after Magichands and/or its agent receives the parent's information and consent, Magichands, through the verification company, will confirm that parent's information and identification through its proprietary screening process utilizing multiple databases. As part of this process, Magichands intends to verify:
- (i) that the parent is a real person; and
- (ii) that the parent is not a registered sex offender where applicable. The parental consent will authorize the collection, use, and disclosure, as applicable, pursuant to the terms of this Policy, of personal information and the subsequent use of that information before that information is ever collected from a child. To be considered "verifiable" parental consent under COPPA, Magichands will require that the parent provide their consent employing one.
How Parents Can Access, Change or Delete Personally Identifiable Information About Their Child Under the Age of 13 and Above
At any time, parents can refuse to permit us to collect additional personal information from their child under the age of 13 and also may request that we delete any personal information we have collected. There are two ways that a parent may access, change or delete their child's personally identifiable information that has been collected by Magichands:
- The parent may access, change or delete his or her child's personal information by logging on to the parent's Magichands account at the Magichands home page located at Magichands.in. If you do not remember your user name and password, there are instructions allowing the parent to obtain this information; or
- The parent may contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org, and notify us that they are requesting certain personal information provided by their child be changed or deleted.
Please be advised that by refusing to permit us to collect personal information about your child or requesting the deletion of your child's profile from our database, you will be unsubscribing your child from Magichands Services.
Operator That Collects and/or Maintains Personal Information About Children Under the Age of 13 and Above
Magichands will be the only operator that will collect, maintain, use and/or disclose information about your child, pursuant to the terms of this Policy. Magichands may be contacted at the address and phone number provided under the section entitled, "Contact Us" set forth below. Any information collected by the verification company will relate solely to the registration process.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include processing micropayments, sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from customer lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing analysis. These agents may have access to member personal information as needed to perform their functions for Magichands, but we do not permit them to use it for other purposes.
Third-Party Ad Servers
Most advertisements you see on the Site are served to your web browser by Magichands. However, Magichands allows other companies, called ad networks, to serve advertisements within the Site or through Magichands Services. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We only authorize our third-party ad networks to employ anonymous cookies for ad delivery and anonymous targeting. Our third-party ad servers do not collect, nor do we give them access, to any personally identifying information about you.
Magichands may also include a file, called a web beacon, from these ad networks within pages served by Magichands to assist with auditing, research and reporting for advertisers.
Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, currently you must visit each ad network's web site individually and opt out (if they offer this capability). Please contact us if you would like additional information regarding the specific third-party ad networks used on the Site.
Magichands takes every reasonable precaution to protect our users' information. When you submit sensitive information via our service, your information is protected both online and off-line. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. However, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Magichands will not be intercepted by others and that information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. While we have taken reasonable precautions to protect this information, you should always use discretion in what information you send to us and not expect that such information will be absolutely free from intrusion. In particular, you should be aware that information you may post on Magichands bulletin boards, online games, or as part of your Magichands profile or avatar, will be viewable by other Magichands Members. If you have any questions about the security of our service, please contact us.
We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting visitor and member use of the Site and Magichands Services for our internal use as well as for a limited number of our business partners. These reports include aggregate (non-personal) information about Magichands members, and in certain instances, visitors to the Site. The information in these reports will not identify you individually. Our business partners who have access to these reports will not be able to contact you from the information contained in the reports.
Rewards Program; Sweepstakes and Contests
As part of Magichands Services, we may offer "Magichands points" in connection with a rewards program that rewards members' active participation in Magichands Services, including postings of video and other content. As such, we will track members' postings and other Magichands activities as part of the rewards program. We may also conduct sweepstakes and contests on the Site in which we may ask you for additional information. We use and treat this information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Access and Control of Personal Information
If you are a registered user of our Magichands Services, you may view, correct, and delete your personal information, or remove your profile from view by others on the Site, simply by logging into your account (or the parent account for Members under the age of 13 or above) and editing your profile, or by contacting our customer support. To have all of your personally identifiable information removed from view by others on the Site, send an e-mail request to email@example.com. All user information, included that which is deleted, will be maintained in Magichands's database solely for its internal use in ensuring the safety of the Magichands community and for disclosure to law enforcement, if necessary. Generally, you should be careful when making any personal information available to the public. For Magichands members over the age of 12, parents will not have access to, or the ability to delete, personal information, postings, or other content.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices,
please contact us at
0413-4200539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.